My book series for teens, the ANGELFIRE trilogy, is published by HarperCollins. The sequels are WINGS OF THE WICKED, SHADOWS IN THE SILENCE, and A DANCE WITH DARKNESS. This is a personal blog and I post stuff I love, equestrian photos, and answer questions from readers.
I ride A circuit hunter/jumper and have a Swedish warmblood mare. I take lots of pictures of my friends and their horses. Any photos I post with a source to my own blog are photos that I've taken myself, so please don't claim them as your own. Thanks!
i gave my grandma two dollars to get me “an arizona tea and a Reese’s cup” and she brought me this and gave me my money back
this perfectly describes grandmas
My grandma would have given me a five and thrown in a new pair of shoes too.
im sorry i wasnt aware that this was the goddamn grandma olympics
(Source: striders, via cuddlechu)
Do you mind posting your music playlists for the Angelfire trilogy ? I know you used to post music that corresponds with your books and I really want to listen to them whilst rereading the books for the fourth time ☺️
Sure! The Spotify playlists are on the media page of my website right here. I have to update them for Shadows in the Silence and A Dance with Darkness. I’ve been so busy with revisions for so long that I’ve neglected a few things. I hope you enjoy these!
Hi! I was just wondering if you were going to write anymore books? I totally loved your Angelfire trilogy (Ellie's secret love for Sailor Moon was beautiful) and so I was wondering :) Sorry if you've already answered this somewhere! Thanks for your wonderful books!
Hi! Yes! I’ve been working on the new series for way too long, I’m sorry. I have to get it right because the characters and story are very important to me, more important than anything I’ve written before. I hope the round of revisions I’m on now will be the last! it’s coming, I promise. <3 Thanks for sticking with me! xx
So I hear Jon Snow is single again
I swear on my life that I will make a compilation of villains getting confused by Tuxedo Mask’s speeches very soon. I mean, I can’t not do it.
Seriously, Rugrats was not fucking around.
People don’t give Rugrats enough credit for how progressive it was. I mean think about it.
- Chuckie, for most of the series is raised by a single father
- Angelica’s mother was a high ranking corporate executive
- Phil and Lil’s mom was a feminist
- She also breastfed them (which the show actually depicted)
- Tommy is half-Jewish and the show actually explored this part of his heritage
Seriously, this show was fucking amazing!! They just don’t make ‘em like this anymore….
Also don’t forget that Chuckie had an interracial family after the second movie.
How are you guys forgetting Susie? I mean her mom was a doctor and her dad was a writer for a famous Children’s TV show. Not to mention Kimmie was anything BUT submissive.
Remember when they had episodes that hit hard to issues kids might be dealing with? Chuckie only had his Dad on Mothers Day, Tommy had to deal with being outshadowed by a new baby brother, Phil and Lil were constantly being mixed up and then they had a couple episodes where they each found that even as a twin they were their own people.
Man Rugrats was the shit.
A girl who’s normally very passive and quiet lashes out at a boy for making a gross comment. She’s more aggressive than usual today.
“Is it your time of the month?” He asks with a smirk
But he’s right. It is her time of the month. The full moon peeks from behind the clouds and she transforms into a werewolf and devours the boy whole
Courtney Allison Moulton, Wings of the Wicked (Angelfire #2)
Nathaniel is my favorite love
“As I swung a third time, he grabbed my wrist.
- That’s enough hitting - he growled. - You don’t exactly hit like a girl, you know.”
- Angelfire, Courtney Allison Moulton
Why the hell was there a black guy in Maleficent?
These people are living in medieval Europe very far detached from any sort of ocean or sea. I’d be amazed if they had even invented a boat yet. Where the hell did the black guy come from?
1. Maleficent takes place not in “medieval Europe”, but a fantasy realm that is made-up because it is a Fantasy film. It is not a history film. The main character is a fairy.
2. There were plenty of specifically Black people in medieval Europe, as well as other people of color. Many had been living there since Roman times, so they would have already been there.
3. The oldest boats found by archaeologists are around 10,000 years old. There is evidence that humanity have been using boats to get to other continents for as long as possibly 130,000 years.
Here is an image from the 1400s of a Medieval European Boat with Black men sailing it, for example:
4. You are openly, vocally, and blatantly racist and I hope that helps anyone reading this understands that “let’s pretend you have a point” only goes so far.
5. This “question” has nothing to do with history or reality. It is nothing except bigotry. I haven’t seen the movie, but looking at the cast, it appears that just about all the main characters are white, anyway. There really is no limit to how far white nationalists will take this.